June 2021 Monthly Meeting
This is a meeting not to miss. Devin (a PNWS founding member) opens up his studio for our first in-person meeting in over a year. Registration and masks are required. (details below)
Devin Laurence Field is unique among contemporary large-scale metal sculptors because of the level of articulation he achieves in directly fabricated steel. Not sculpted in clay then cast in metal, or hammered in thin sheet onto a sculpted pattern, his work is cut, forged, pressed, welded, ground and polished using thick plate steels.
Predominantly commissioned for public sites, these sculptures are complex yet graceful representations of ideas and concepts developed around a particular place, event or setting. Each sculpture is unique, usually site specific and always poignant in its message. The art of Devin Laurence Field brings together universal
and archetypal symbolism, the history of a given site or culture, and natural forms to communicate ideas about the evolution of the complex relationship between people, the built environment and the natural world. While growing up in New Zealand, Devin traveled throughout the South Pacific, Australasia, Europe and the Americas. A fifth generation artist, Devin studied art in New Zealand, England, France, Japan and the United States, earning three degrees in the Arts including a Master of Fine Art in Sculpture.
June 23rd, 2021
6:00 – 8:00p
- Open to PNWS members and a guest only.
- It’s potluck, bring something if you can, come anyway if you can’t.
- Bring your portfolio or images of your work to share.
- Dress appropriately.
- The event will be outdoors and entail hiking about Devin’s property.
- There will be a 10-minute hike up to the pavilion location.
- Golf cart service available to carry food and those unable to make the hike.
- Masks are required!