PACIFIC NORTHWEST SCULPTORS GROUP SHOW
April 5th– April 26th, 2024
ART AT THE CAVE Gallery – VANCOUVER, WA
“Shapes that Speak”
What is the story you hope your work will tell?
We are pleased to offer PNWS members the opportunity to participate in an exciting 2024 Spring show at the Art at the Cave gallery in Vancouver. We have been welcomed back after our previous PNWS group show at this venue in 2018. As with the show in 2018, we will be showing the month of April in acknowledgment of IS Day (International Sculpture Day).
Art at the Cave is a beautiful space located just across the I-5 bridge in downtown Vancouver. The Cave opens each month’s show on First Friday with an evening reception and features an Artist Talk on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Find more about the gallery on FB.
Many of our members have shown work in the gallery during open calls and invitational shows. PNWS member Chas Martin, alongside painter Don Gray, had a delightful show of new works “Notes from Travelers” in September. You can see images from that show here : https://artatthecave.com/2023-09 and video from the artist talk here: https://artatthecave.com/videos
Submissions Open: February 15, 2024 (Submittal details to come. Watch next month’s Calls for Artists and January Newsletter for submittal details)
Firm deadline for entry, jpeg images included: March 6, 2024
Artist notification of work accepted: March 15, 2024
Delivery date of artwork to show: Saturday, March 30, 2024
First Friday Opening Evening Reception: Friday, April 5th, 2023
Gallery Show: April 5th – April 26th
Art Pick-Up: Tentatively scheduled for April 26th or 27th. Shall we gather to celebrate ISday as well?
- Participants may submit up to 3 works not previously shown at Art at the Cave.
- Sculptures may be in any medium
- Entry fee of $15.00. Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for a single fee.
- Artists receive 50% of sales and the other 50% goes to the gallery.
- All sculptures must be able to fit through a 34” by 80” door opening.
- All works must be prepared for hanging. Wall-sculptures must be prepared for hanging and not exceed 25 lbs. Diagrams for work orientation and hanging always appreciated. Ceiling suspended works must be of a weight reasonably hung by a screw hook.